Plush Addict - Waterproof Drawstring Swim Bag PDF Pattern - Download Only
Location: Download Pattern
Whether your little one is lucky enough to be heading to the beach or pool on a summer holiday, or attending weekly swimming lessons, this drawstring swim bag has a waterproof lining and pocket! It’s perfect for keeping soggy swimsuits & accessories in the bag - and yourself dry!
This pattern is free for a limited time with any order of £25 or more (excluding postage charges). Add this item to your basket and the price of the pattern will be removed when you check out.
You will need to create an account with us to access this pattern. Find your pattern in the “Downloads” section of your Plush Addict account.
Please note: This is a downloadable product & not a printed pattern
How To Claim Your Free Waterproof Drawstring Swim Bag downloadable PDF Pattern :
1) Add this pattern to your basket.
2) Shop to the value of £25 on the website (excluding postage charges)
3) Continue to checkout and the price of this pattern will be discounted from your basket.
4) Find your downloadable PDF pattern will be found in the “Downloads” section of your Plush Addict account.
- This swim bag is fully lined with a waterproof lining so you can keep wet swimming togs away from anything else you wish to keep dry!
- A waterproof front zipper pocket to keep your undies dry or store electronics away from the water
- Drawstring closure - easy for little hands to open and close
- If you feel the zipper is pushing your sewing skills there are also cutting instructions for a bag without the zipped pocket
- No printer required - all dimensions are given so there is no need to print a pattern.
- Colour step-by-step photos
This project is suitable for a confident beginner and we estimate it takes approximately 1.5-2 hours to sew (please allow more time if you are a complete novice!)
The finished dimensions of the bag are approximately 39cm x 36cm.
New to Waterproof PUL fabric? Check out our Guide to PUL Fabric here
You Will Need:
- Fabric A: Cotton fabric for side and back panels - 40cm x 110cm (16” x 44”) - We used: Dashwood Studio - Rock Pool - Shells And Fish
- Fabric B: Cotton fabric for middle and pocket panels - 30cm x 110cm (12” x 44”) - We used: Dashwood Studio - Rock Pool - Barnacles White
- Fabric C: PUL waterproof fabric for waterproof lining - 40cm x 140cm (16” x 56”) - We used: Plush Addict White PUL Fabric (Polyeurethane Laminate fabric) - Waterproof Breathable Fabric
- Cord for the straps - 3m (3 3/8yds) - We used: 4mm Polyester Braided Cord - Navy
- 20cm/8” zip - 1 - We used: Dual Colour Plastic Chunky Style Zip 20cm/8”
Sewing Kit You Will Need:
- Tailor’s chalk or paper and a pencil (if you want to create pattern pieces)
- Coordinating thread
- Scissors or rotary cutter and mat
- Tape measure and ruler
- Quilting clips
- Iron (not essential but useful for pressing seams and keeping everything neat!)
- Basic Sewing Kit
|Pattern Type||Downloadable PDF|
Use our handy convertor to help you work out your fabric measurements.